Valentines Day Blog
Valentine’s Day is a day to honour your loved one. Flowers, candy and gifts are traditional, but when you give a gift of health, you are telling your loved one that you care way beyond material possessions. It is a touching gesture that you want your loved one to be the best they can be and free from pain. There is no greater gift than that. If you are not sure chiropractic is right for you or your loved one, you will be surprised how many ailments can be alleviated by chiropractic. Your loved one is worth the gift of health.
- Talk Openly About It: Brushing the subject of chronic pain under the carpet is about as useful as a pair of fingerless oven gloves. Be mindful that chronic pain can lead to a sense of loneliness and isolation, so when your partner wants to talk about their pain, be sure to be available with a listening ear.
- Recognise Pain Triggers: Your partner may try to push through discomfort which could lead to worsened pain. Take a mental note of situations that cause/ worsen your partner’s symptoms.
- Encourage Fun: Chronic pain does not necessarily mean that your partner feels the same level of pain every day. Your partner may even feel better/ worse at certain times of the day. During good days or less symptomatic periods, encourage your partner to do fun things instead of everyday mundane chores.
- Watch Out for Non-Verbal Pain Cues: Remember that your partner doesn’t talk about their pain each and every time they feel it. Keep an eye out for any non-verbal pain cues, such as facial expressions, slowed gait or groaning. Ask your partner how they feel during these situations and offer a helpful hand.
- Take a Joint Approach to Treatment: Understanding your partner’s pain will make it easier for you to show empathy and provide support. If you are able to, consider going along to your partner’s health care visits so that you can learn more about your partner’s condition and what activities should be encouraged.
Valentine’s Day may be around the corner, but showing real love is so much more than chocolates and red roses.
If you want to get yourself booked in to AMI Clinic feel free to contact us
at www.amiclinics.co.uk or call us at 01234 0307565
#AMIClinic #Adjustment #Arthritis #BedfordChiropractic #Backpain #BedfordAcupuncture #Manipulation #Vertebrae #Spine #Vertebra #Chiropractic #Chiropractor #Chiro #Movement #Valentines #February14th #Love